from Marple Rifle and Pistol Club
- This program is offered for free use to anyone who wishes to experiment either
with calculating cartridge performance, or as an aid to estimating bullet impact point at
- The program runs under either Microsoft GW Basic, or Microsoft Quick Basic
(Q BASIC) and
there are Batch Files to handle either version.
- The program is largely based on that contained in the NRA Handbook, issue3 (the
NRA of America, not the NRA of Great Britain). You are free to modify the program as you wish and to
experiment with it as required. However I am afraid that if you do not know how to follow the
basic program setting-up steps laid out below, then unfortunately no additional help is
available on this site, you will need to find your very own Guru.
To use the program:
- 1) Download the file, Program
(28Kb) and save it as: T.BAS
- 2) Download the Batch File for either GW
Basic, or Quick Basic
as required and save it as: T.BAT
- 3) Put both 1 and 2 above in the same directory as your copy of either GW Basic
or Quick Basic.
- 4) Assuming that you are running any copy of Windows from version 3.1 onwards,
install the above Batch File (T.BAT) in a program group of your choice, e.g.
"Ballistics" and make T.BAT the target file to start the program.
- 5) It is thought that the program will run on other versions of Basic, but has
only been tested on the above two.
- 6) As far as I can tell the program is accurate and is useful for sighting-in at
Back to top
Back to home page